In a bid to ensure transparency in the application process for obtaining a driving license, Rajasthan will soon launch an online process for submitting applications for the same.
The online process for procuring driving license will commence from October 2012 in Jaipur whereas will be introduced in other divisional headquarters of Rajasthan by December 2012.
Yes, citizens can now apply for their driving licence online, the same way you would apply for a passport. The Rajasthan government would be shortly introducing a system to accept applications for driving licence on the internet.
The tentative procedure for online application for driving license is:
- Applicant need to log in to official website of State Transport Department- http://www.transport.rajasthan.gov.in/ and fill in a simple application form with basic details like name, age, qualification, address, etc, to register.
- Resubmit the application form with desired date and time to collect driving license. Half an hour time-slot will be distributed to approximately 25 applicants.
- Submit documents, fee and follow other basic procedures on given day.
- After document verification, applicants will go through a biometric test, for which they have to attempt 12 questions correctly out of given twenty questions.
- To ensure transparency, test procedure can be viewed on television through CCTV cameras.
- A short documentary film of twenty minutes will be projected for applicants to provide information on traffic rules and safe driving, during which the licenses will be distributed.
Coverage in News paper-http://epaper.patrika.com/58689/Rajasthan-Patrika-Jaipur/25-09-2012#page/2/2
The concise and quick, easy-to-follow procedure is proposed to save time and money and will help the general public escape harassment at the hands of touts at local transport offices.
Once introduced, it would, go a long way in delivering tangible benefits of e-governance to the citizens.